“HAPPY, HAPPY DADDY DAY”
Hello everyone! What a beautiful weekend! Happy Father’s Day to all my
guys out there. This is your weekend. I hate to say it, but it seems like Father’s Day is much bigger than Mother’s Day. I am not joking; according to my fans, mother’s didn’t get as many events. There are so many events for Father’s Day weekend that I only can make a calendar of events for you to choose from. I do not have the space to talk about each one. Now ladies, you know what you have to do. It is your turn to treat that special guy in your life. Other than giving them a special gift, you can choose from my calendar listing a place you can take them to have a good time. I believe I have something for everyone.
FATHER’S DAY CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
• Free Blues Block Party Weekend in downtown Silver Spring with 2 stages, 12 bands, and a craft market. 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. June 14 at the Fenton Street Market and the Fountain Stage. It is free. For more information, go to www.SilverSpringBlues.com.
• Father’s Day Baltimore Father & Son Celebration
8 p.m. June 15 at the An die Musik Live! 409 N. Robert Wilson. For ticket information, call Lonnie Parker at 410-358-9661.
• Legendary Saxophonist Robert “Bootsie” Barnes celebrates 50 years of music featuring the jazz organ greats he has worked with, including Jack McDuff, Jimmy
McGriff, Don Patterson, and Jimmy Smith. The event takes place from 7 – 10 p.m. June 14 at LaRose Banquet & Jazz Club, 5531 Germantown Ave., Philadelphia, Pa. For ticket information, call Kim at 215- 280-2254.
• Liberty Road Business Association presents “Liberty Live! Family Friendly Outdoor Concert Series” to be held 6-9 p.m. June 15 and 27, July 11 and 25 at Kings Point Square, 9900 Liberty Rd., Randallstown, Md., rain or shine and free!
There will be a beer and wine garden, food and soft drinks available, and farmers market vendors selling their wares. I will be there doing a book signing with both of my books. Bring your own folding chairs and tables, and bring your camera. For more information, call 410-655-7766.
• Personality Club, 2014 Harford Rd. presents their Annual Father’s Day Crab Feast 5 – 9 p.m. June 15. Live entertainment and book signing by Baltimore own Kenny Hamber with his new book, and me with my books; free set-ups and BYOB. For ticket information, call Richard Calloway at 410-366-3342.
• Jazz/Gospel Concert 4 – 6:30 p.m. June 14 at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2604 Banister Rd. (at Greenspring Ave.). The lineup: One Love Alliance, Nucleus, the Jam Children’s Choir of Grace, and the Sankofa Dance Company of West Virginia University. For more information, call 443-370-4506 or [email protected]
• Gents on the Move will host a Pre-Father’s Day Cabaret featuring The Spindles. It is BYOB AND BYOF, free setups, door prizes and me, signing my books, from 8 p.m. – 1 a.m. June 14 at the Ivy Family Support Center, 3515 Dolfield Ave., Baltimore. For tickets, call Jerry at 443-500-8801.
• The Blue Note Jazz Festival is the now thru June 30th in New York featuring: Aretha Franklin, Bobby McFerrin & Questlove, Michael McDonald, Reggie Watts, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Michael Bolton, Jose James, Andre Previn & Christian McBride, Ramsey Lewis with PhilipBailey, Marcus Miller, Sergio Mendes, Monty Alexander, Gato Barbieri, and Danilo Perez-John Patitucci-Brian Blade Trio, just to name a few. For more information, go to www.BlueNoteJazzFestival.com.
Well my dear friends, this is it. I am out of space. Enjoy your weekend and I will see you at one place or another. Remember, if you need me, call me at 410-833-9474 or email me your information to [email protected].
UNTIL THE NEXT TIME, I’M MUSICALLY YOURS