The Mayor’s Office of Human Services is establishing a Journey Home Board and is seeking applications for two at-large member positions to join the Board in January 2014.
The purpose of the Journey Home Board is to increase community-wide commitment, collaboration, planning and capacity to make homelessness rare and brief in Baltimore. The Board will establish the approaches, strategies, and policies for the implementation of the Journey Home Plan.
At-large Board members will serve with a range of community stakeholders, including public housing, homeless service providers, mental health agencies, hospitals, faith-based organizations, and businesses, among others. Board members are expected to participate in the following ways:
• Serve a two-year term, beginning in January, with the option to serve a second term
• Participate regularly in board meetings, which will generally occur quarterly
• Lead and/or participate in at least one workgroup with the option to participate in more
• Engage in fundraising activities to support the Journey Home Plan, which can include participating in the perennially exciting Journey Home benefit
• Help craft and implement the first-ever Journey Home Board strategic priorities
• Represent the Journey Home as its ambassadors to the larger community in Baltimore City and throughout Central Maryland
• Advocate for policy changes that will advance the Journey Home and build public awareness generally about homelessness and the Journey Home
A nominating committee, appointed by the Mayor, will review member applications and select candidates to invite by the end 2013. Applications should be submitted by 12 p.m., Dec. 4.
Application materials can be accessed on the Mayor’s Office of Human Services website (http://humanservices.baltimorecity.gov/)
77 total views, 2 views today