Brown’s campaign demonstrates momentum with strong cash-on-hand, endorsements from across Maryland
LARGO, MD – Congressman Anthony G. Brown has raised $647,000 for his campaign to become Maryland’s next Attorney General and will report having more than $615,000 cash on hand. Congressman Brown also has $1.48 million in his federal campaign committee that would be available for the general election.
“Our campaign is about putting the people first as we take on the hard fights to ensure equal justice, safe and thriving communities, and a fair shot for everyone who calls Maryland home,” said Congressman Anthony G. Brown. “I’m honored to have the support of Marylanders across our state and excited to report that the momentum behind our campaign is growing. We’re ready to deliver on the promise of progress for our state.”
Congressman Brown’s strong fundraising builds on the support his campaign has received from across Maryland, including today’s endorsement from The Collective PAC, the nation’s largest political action committee dedicated to increasing Black political engagement, representation, and power across all levels of government.
The Collective PAC joins dozens of elected officials and community leaders that have endorsed Congressman Brown’s campaign for Attorney General, giving him the highest number of endorsements in the field. Those endorsements include:
- U.S. House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer (MD-05)
- Representative David Trone (MD-06)
- Representative Kweisi Mfume (MD-07)
- State Treasurer Dereck E. Davis
- Prince George’s County Executive Angela Alsobrooks
- Anne Arundel County Executive Steuart Pittman
- State’s Attorney for Prince George’s County Aisha Braveboy
- Chairman of the Judicial Proceedings Committee Senator Will Smith
- Baltimore City Council President Nick J. Mosby
- Former Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett
Congressman Brown also has endorsements from 28 members of the Maryland General Assembly, three Montgomery County Councilmembers, nine Prince George’s County Councilmembers, two Baltimore City Councilmembers, and 18 other municipal leaders across the state.
For more information on Anthony Brown’s campaign for Attorney General, visit https://www.anthonybrown.com/
Help us Continue to tell OUR Story and join the AFRO family as a member – subscribers are now members! Join here!