By Mark F. Gray, Staff Writer,

Law enforcement authorities made an arrest after two people were shot and killed during a fatal Uber attack in Oxon Hill. Meanwhile, a Bowie man is released from jail after over two months, following a mixup in which his Jamaican honey was thought to be methadone.

Charges Filed In Uber Double Homicide

Prince George’s County Police Homicide Unit detectives arrested a Fort Washington man in connection with a double homicide shooting in Oxon Hill. Aaron Lanier Wilson Jr., 42, of the 10000 block of Indian Head Highway is accused of fatally wounding two people during an Uber ride.

Prince George’s County Police Homicide Unit detectives arrested a man who allegedly killed two people in an Uber, and authorities released a man who spent over 80 days in jail for mistakenly thinking his honey was meth. (Courtesy Photo)

Beaudouin Tchakounte, 46, of Frederick, and Casey Xavier Robinson, 32, of Accokeek were killed Aug. 27. Tchakounte was the Uber driver at the time of the shooting and Robinson was a passenger in his car.  The preliminary investigation found that Tchakounte grabbed Robinson’s fare, then later picked up Wilson as part of a ride-share option offered through passenger transportation service from a separate location.

Police reports say around 9:45 p.m. patrol officers responded to the area of Indian Head Highway and Bald Eagle Road after the report of a shooting. The responding officers found both victims inside of Tchakounte’s car, which was stopped in the roadway, suffering from gunshot wounds.  Both victims were pronounced dead on the scene.

In the early stages of the investigation, Wilson was immediately identified as the suspect and was arrested at his home early Aug. 27. Wilson admitted to ordering the ride and being inside of the vehicle. He later admitted to detectives that he consumed the hallucinogenic drug PCP. At this point of arrest, there aren’t any known connections between the victims and Wilson, now charged with first and second degree murder.

Man Released After Being Jailed For “Meth” Honey Mistake

Leon Houghton says he was jailed for approximately three months after being stopped by customs officials at Thurgood Marshall Baltimore Washington International Airport. On his trip back from Jamaica, Houghton was accused of smuggling methadone in his suitcase last December. Oddly enough, the “meth” in question was actually honey.

Houghton told NBC Washington that he was looking forward to drinking the honey in his tea, but never got that chance. Mistaken test results by customs officials at the airport, who claim that the jars tested positive for the drug were at the root of the rukkus. Since the Maryland crime lab can’t test liquids like honey, authorities shipped the bottles to be tested in Georgia. Results proved that the jars were, in fact, filled with honey, and the charges against Houghton were dropped.

For 82 days, Houghton, who is not a U.S. citizen, but lives in Bowie, sat in jail. He said the arrest put him at risk for being deported, adding that he is still struggling to put his life back together.