Baltimore County and the Baltimore County Arts Guild Announce a Request for Qualifications for a Public Art Memorial to Remember the Lives Lost Due to COVID-19
Applications now open for dynamic, free-standing public art concept at Lake Roland Park
TOWSON, MD — COVID-19 has claimed the lives of more than 8,800 Marylanders, including over 1,500 Baltimore County residents. To honor the lives lost and all of those affected by the pandemic, Baltimore County and the Baltimore County Arts Guild are seeking a highly creative and dynamic public arts concept to be installed at Lake Roland Park.
The free-standing public arts concept will represent hope, unity and healing and will be located near walking and biking paths, among acres of open space. The finished piece will not only honor the memory of those lost, but will provide a meditative space for reconciliation and remembrance.
Applications details can be found on www.PublicArtist.org and www.bcartsguild.org and the application deadline is July 1, 2021 at 1 p.m.
- Details and Program Eligibility
This call to artists is open to all professional individual artists or teams of artists over the age of 18.
- Priority is given to those living or working in Maryland and applicants with previous work experience in public art. Artists living or working in the Baltimore region are especially encouraged to apply.
- Artists need to create a free account with PublicArtist.org.
- Submissions will be evaluated by an art selection panel representing diverse interests and expertise to review the qualifications of applicants
- Stipends of $2,000 will be awarded to three semi-finalists to aid in further development of design proposal concepts
- Up to $100,000 will be made available to support the design, fabrication, engineering and installation of the artwork. Travel expenses are not included
- The selected artist will enter into a contract with Baltimore County, Maryland for the creation and installation of the selected project
- For more information please visit www.PublicArtist.org and www.bcartsguild.org, or contact email@example.com for specific questions.