The Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority is inviting public input on its budget and fare proposals for Metro at six forums prior to public hearings occurring from Feb.27 through March 7.
Before each hearing, Metro will host an hour-long open forum with multimedia stations to engage stakeholders and solicit public input. The open forum will include a video presentation on Metro’s rebuilding program, tables staffed by senior Metrobus, Metrorail, MetroAccess, SmarTrip and police officials who will be on hand to address questions. There also will be a station with computers where the public may take an online survey about Metro’s priorities and to provide an opportunity to submit written comments.
- The open forums will be held from 6 to 7 p.m., followed by the public hearing at 7 p.m.
- To learn more about the meetings and the schedule, visit www.wmata.com/hearings.
The hearing schedule is:
- Feb. 27 – Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center, 4805 Edgemoor Lane, Bethesda, Md.
- Feb. 29 – Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School, 7130 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, Va.
- March 1 – Matthews Memorial Baptist Church, 2616 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., SE, Washington, D.C.
- March 5 – Washington Lee High School, 1301 N. Stafford, St., Arlington, Va.
- March 6 – St. Columba’s Episcopal Church, 4201 Albemarle St. NW, Washington, D.C.
- March 7 – First United Methodist Church, 6201 Belcrest Road, Hyattsville, Md.