Comptroller to Tour Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum; Present Proclamation to Cafe
-Comptroller to View Predecessor Louis L. Goldstein’s Office and State Lab –
WHO: Comptroller Peter Franchot
State and local elected officials
WHAT: Comptroller Franchot will tour the Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum, located on 560 acres on the Patuxent River and St. Leonard’s Creek in Calvert County. Gifted to Maryland on June 16, 1983 by Mary Marvin Breckinridge Patterson, the state-owned and operated facility is Maryland’s State Museum of Archaeology and History. The museum also is home of the relocated office of the late Comptroller Louis L. Goldstein, who served in state government from 1939 to 1998 including 10 terms as comptroller. It also is the site of the Maryland Archaeology Conservation Laboratory, a world-class archaeology, research, conservation and storage facility.
The Comptroller then will visit the Café de Artises, a classic upscale bistro located in historic Leonardtown, to present a proclamation to owner Chef Loic Francois Jaffres and his wife Karleen, recognizing the café’s contribution to Leonardtown’s revitalization and its commitment of culinary excellence. Chef Jaffres was born in Morocco in North Africa to parents from the Brittany region of France. By age 16, he knew he wanted to be a chef. After working in France, and at restaurants in Washington, D.C., and with the chef to the Clinton’s White House and the Watergate, the couple open the their café in Leonardtown in 1999.
WHEN: Tuesday, September 30, 2014
WHERE: 10:30 a.m. Noon
Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum Café de Artises
10515 Mackall Road 41655 Fenwick St.
St. Leonard, MD 20685 Leonardtown, MD, 20650