In continued support of go-getters and changemakers in the Black community, the candy brand Now and Later is launching the “Pause Now, Hustle Later” initiative. The program is a partnership with media personality, entrepreneur and candy lover La La Anthony. The business is spotlighting five emerging Black-owned businesses in the self-care space and encouraging fans to take a pause now, so that they can reset and reenergize for their daily hustle later.
Now and Later and Anthony are encouraging everyone to take a pause in their day for a moment of self-care. To help fans celebrate, Anthony has unveiled a hand-picked list of Black-owned self-care businesses with products and services that can be added to any self-care routine.
During National Black Business Month, Now and Later has committed $50,000 in financial support to the selected small businesses through the ‘Pause Now, Hustle Later’ Grant. Each business will receive $10,000 that will help fuel their hustle and aid in their continued growth.
“As a mom and businesswoman, the hustle is a part of my daily grind. I’m always on the go but at the same time, I have to pause and prioritize self-care so that I can show up as my best self,” said Anthony. “One of my favorite ways to unwind is to enjoy a sweet treat like Now and Later, and now I get to encourage others to take a pause while also shouting out some of my favorite go-to Black-owned companies.”
Anthony’s selected self-care brands include:
- Buttah Skin– This line of highly effective products for both women and men is formulated to target everyday skin conditions leaving skin glowing, healthy and renewed.
- Fancy Homebody– Embrace a low-key lifestyle while with this lifestyle brand that offers a wide variety of loungewear and other casual essentials, as chic as they are comfy.
- I See You Wellness– This Brooklyn-based wellness and lifestyle brand exists to empower communities of color through accessible wellness and radical self-care. The company specializes in handmade apothecary products and community healing experiences.
- Natural Radiant Life– Explore clean, organic and vegan makeup with this brand that harnesses the power of 100 percent whole-food ingredients. The company encourages patrons to replace toxic chemicals in skin care and slow down the visible signs of aging.
- KIMBERLY New York, is a niche fragrance house featuring artsy, offering long-lasting scents that are safe for sensitive skin.
Dave Foldes, director of marketing at Now and Later, spoke about the initiative, launched at a time where Black businesses are being moved into the spotlight.
“Now and Later is dedicated to supporting Black leaders and entrepreneurs who are making a positive impact in their communities, which is why we launched the ‘Pause Now, Hustle Later’ Grant during Black Business Month,” said Foldes. “According to the Small Business Association, 50 percent of small businesses fail within the first five years due to lack of financial resources. In recognition of the hustle of entrepreneurship, we’re proud to help amplify these small businesses, and to partner with an advocate like La La who not only shares Now and Later’s Brooklyn-born origins, but also embodies the brand’s bold and vibrant spirit.”
‘‘Pause Now, Hustle Later’ is the latest way that Now and Later is staying true to its commitment to celebrate and amplify Black voices through its #RecognizetheChew program. Through this program, the brand aims to encourage the next generation of changemakers who Champion, Hustle, Empower and Win (C.H.E.W.) in their daily pursuit to make their communities better. Previously the brand has teamed up with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), to celebrate and recognize Black community leaders and entrepreneurs. In 2021, the #RecognizeTheChew program donated financial grants to both the Mass Media Arts department at Clark Atlanta University and the Cathy Hughes Schools of Communications at Howard University.
Fans can visit @nowandlatercandy on Instagram to find all of the ‘Pause Now, Hustle Later’ grant recipients, take a glimpse into La La’s self-care routine and learn how she takes advantage of ‘the pause’ to help fuel her hustle.
For more info about Now and Later candy, visit us at NowandLater.com.
This article was originally published by BlackPressUSA.