The public is invited to receive information and express its views on the proposed redistricting plan for the state’s Legislative and Congressional redistricting. Jeanne D. Hitchcock, chair of the Governor’s Redistricting Advisory Committee (GRAC) recently announced the schedule of the 12 hearings; the first of them is 11 a.m., July 23 in the Hancock High School auditorium, 289 W. Main St., Hancock, Washington County.
Public hearings will start at the designated time and end following the last testimony of registered persons. More specific details about the hearings will be updated as soon as information becomes available at planning.maryland.gov/redistricting. Guidelines for the public hearings and third-party plan submissions are also posted at the web site.??
Advance sign-in for the public hearings is required (by e-mail only) and must be received by 12:00 noon the day prior to the public hearing. People interested in speaking can sign up electronically in advance at planning.maryland.gov/redistricting.
• Saturday, July 23, 2 p.m., Hood College (Rosenstock Hall-Hodson Auditorium), 401?Rosemont Ave., Frederick
• Monday, July 25, 7 p.m., Prince George's Community College (Largo Student Center-?Rennie Forum), 301 Largo Road, Largo, Prince George's County
• Wednesday, August 10, 7 p.m., The Universities at Shady Grove (Building #1?Auditorium), 9630 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville, Montgomery County
• Friday, August 12, 7 p.m., Morgan State University, Student Center (Calvin & Tina?Tyler Ballroom #4), 1700 East Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore City
• Wednesday, August 24, 7 p.m., The College of Southern Maryland (Center for Business?and Industry, Room BI-113), 8730 Mitchell Road, La Plata, Charles County
• Saturday, August 27, 11 a.m., Harford Community College (Amoss Center), 200?Thomas Run Road, Bel Air, Harford County
• Saturday, August 27, 2 p.m., Towson University (Stephens Hall Theater), 8000 York Road, Towson, Baltimore County
• Tuesday, August 30, 4 p.m., Anne Arundel County (Location to be announced)
• Tuesday, August 30, 7 p.m., Howard County (Location to be announced)
• Saturday, September 10, 12:30 p.m., Salisbury University, 1101 Camden Avenue,?Salisbury, Wicomico County
• Saturday, September 10, 4 p.m., Chesapeake College (Todd Performing Arts Center),?Routes 50 and 213, Wye Mills, Talbot County