Two Prince George’s County criminals were sentenced Jan. 30 for 2014 crimes resulting in the loss of two lives.

Liam Adepo was sentenced to 10 years, all but 2 years suspended, and three years of supervised probation, after pleading guilty to failure to remain at the scene of a collision involving death for an incident that occurred January 2014, according to State’s Attorney for Prince George’s County Angela D. Alsobrooks.

On Jan. 17, 2014, Adepo was seen on video entering Looney’s Pub in College Park, and left almost an hour-and-a-half later. Security video showed Adepo, 30, having difficulty walking and moments later, a dark colored Toyota sedan is seen leaving the parking lot.

Around 1:30 a.m. the victim, 22-year-old University of Maryland student Cory Hubbard, was attempting to cross Baltimore Avenue when he was struck by a dark colored Toyota, which fled the scene and did not stop.

The following day, Adepo told his roommate and a family member what happened. The family member he told eventually went to the police and explained what happened.  Officers came to the Cheverly home and Adepo admitted to driving the car.

“This was a tragic incident in which a young man lost his life because of Mr. Adepo’s reckless actions, and now, not only has the Hubbard family lost a bright young man, but Mr. Adepo’s family also suffers a loss, especially his two infant children,” Alsobrooks said.  “Mr. Adepo could have chosen to remain at the scene, render aid and accept the consequences of his actions, but instead he chose to flee the scene. We must protect our young people and this behavior simply will not be tolerated.”

Jahwil Sheard, 38, was sentenced to 30 years, for second degree murder and carrying a concealed dangerous weapon, after being convicted for stabbing a man several times in June.

Shortly before 9 p.m. June 14, 2014, police received calls of a stabbing in the 900 block of Johnson Avenue in Glenarden for the report of a stabbing.

Witnesses say the victim, Sheard, and two others were walking down a street in Glenarden when the defendant pulled out a knife and stabbed the victim, 26-year-old Terrell Maurice Burton, of 10th Street in Northwest Washington.

Burton was able to get away, but Sheard chased and continued to stab him.  Sheard was under the influence of PCP at the time of the stabbing.

When officers arrived, Sheard ran from the scene.  Police caught him running and arrested him because he fit the description.

Officers recovered a knife near Burton’s body. Burton was transported to Prince George’s Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

“Mr. Sheard committed a senseless murder and took the life of a man who was loved dearly by his friends and family,” Alsobrooks said. “Mr. Sheard had an extensive criminal history that began 20 years ago and he had numerous opportunities to turn his life around. Instead, he chose to continue that path and our community will be much safer with him spending the next 30 years in prison.”